Recently, we talked about testing your social media influence using various famous tools which are there in the market. In this article, we will try to cover the basic tips which you should follow to build a strong social media influence.
Search engines try to measure personal (or organizational) social media influence or authority the way people do. Your ability to obtain real links, fans, likes, or shares will be driven by that perception. In other words, don’t go buying likes, links, shares, or whatever. Many organizations tend to buy backlinks or traffic but that might never work. So let us understand how you can build your social authority.
The tips are as follows:
- Be disciplined – It might seem like a classroom lecture that you should behave yourself, you should be mannered or you should have disciplined life but the fact is better the way you behave or are perceived by others is very important in building a strong social media influence.
- Try to gain Trust– It is very important that we are trusted by at least a certain kind of people or community at large. If people don’t trust us then forget about being authoritative in society or having some social influence.
- Be consistent– If you want to have good social influence then, first of all, establish yourself in that particular field, or if you are new then try to work with a broader perspective and long-term goals with a clear conscience. They should be able to get value for the conversation they will have with you.
- Stretch yourself for excellence: It is generally said that if you strive for perfection and excellence then success will come automatically. In the same manner, if you have a substantial amount of experience and excellence in a set of fields then people get influenced by your work.
- Be Natural– Don’t try to act like others just try to be natural and express yourself. Being natural always works in long run. Also, being natural brings a lot of consistency as you don’t have to pretend what you did when it wasn’t true.
- Be a problem solver– Always try to help others rather than boasting of your skills and work. Show the world that you are there with your actions rather than your words. Don’t work for yourself try to work for the community that does a lot of PR work for you and you gain a lot of respect. But yes help the others with honesty and zeal to help else others might sniff your plans.
- Promote others – True leader is one whose followers try to replicate him. If you really want to be a great leader and social influencer then make sure that you are ready to promote others with all the experience you have gained over the years.
- Be Social– Try to be a social animal. Hang out with others and interact with them as and when required. Share your views and lend your ears to others. You can use various social media like Facebook, Twitter, or link in to interact with others.
- Be Seen– Try to attend various international and national conferences. Be a freelancer to interact with the community. You can write your own blogs and also for various industry journals.